Wednesday 6 March 2013

Delingpole's Despair Pt 2

I just couldn't leave it there since the posts of today, line up so superbly.

In the earlier blog post entitled, "Tragedy and Hope" Quigley's opening paragraphs, deal with the patterns that occur in the rise and fall of civilisations.

James Delingpole is right (about everything, according to his imagination). Quigley writes: Our civilisation is characterised by "A crisis of organisation", and is being, "racked by internal struggles of a social and constitutional character, weakened by loss of faith in its older ideologies and by the challenge of newer ideas".
However, Quigley remarks that rather than disappearing completely, western civilisation has managed to successfully re-invent itself.

It is how we will re-invent that I fear. Or I would if I was a fearful type, which I'm not.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Mr. Delingpole eh? Hmm... Complicated to comment on. Too complicated for me for now (other than "Hmm", if that counts as a comment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll interpret that as a thoughtful Hmm. Thats fine.

    ReplyDelete