Friday 16 August 2013

The Scorpion And The Frog

There are a few variation on this story but this is the most simple:

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

  The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of
paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,
but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."
 
 
 
I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Human Nature is more complex, however, and Human Nurture.

    There would be a chance of making it to the other side with a human, but there would be a chance you might regret having done so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, although I think we have an natural essence, we have the ability to change it according to our will. This gives rise to the consequence of choice.
    I am not sure what it is about the above that resonates so strongly with me. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete